Thursday, January 10, 2008

Veggie Meatballs

I think I have been meat "free" for about 1.5 months. I made it through Christmas, (eating lots of meat and dairy...only to avoid the disapproving looks and having to explain myself). Now that the holidays are over I am back at it.

The last animal products that are still hanging around are cheese, fish and eggs (which i use in baking). Lately the fish I have been cooking has left me feeling blah. So I found an equally satisfying recipe that I can throw in the oven along with hubbies fish.

I bought a package of soy meatballs a while back, hubby did not enjoy them. So they sat in the freezer. A couple days ago I experimented and made a tinfoil package of meatballs and honey garlic bbq sauce. Luck would have it, it was delicious. So much that I ate it last night again.

The secret is to use Canadian Club Honey Garlic bbq sauce, it tastes like meatball sauce and works well over rice.

No comments: