Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Yeast...take two

My first attempt at using yeast resulted in two loaves of "bread" suitable for building a retaining wall, or shotputting lessons. Hubby was excited that I made bread and ate it anyway. Reading the directions out of my vegetarian bible states that "Even a 10 year old can make bread better than store bought on the first try". Well, that made me feel even better.

However, I did not give up. Today I am attempting pizza. I did not use the cookbook, but found a different recipe (one that came with my food processor) and voila! A batch of pizza dough rising almost three times it's original size. It was sticky and airy and fabulous. I should have taken a picture.

My food processor made it possible, along with slicing all the veggies and grating the cheese in record time. I will let you know the verdict, and the recipe after I eat it.

Verdict...

I am amazing. The pizza was awesome, and I can't believe how easy it was.

I am sure I will tweek the recipe the more I make it.

Pizza Crust

2 3/4 cups flour
1/4 cup ground flax seed
3/4 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp herbs
1 cup water
1 pack yeast
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp parmesean cheese

mix the water, oil and yeast in a pan and heat until just starts to feel hot when you put your finger in it. Remove and set aside.

Place all dry ingredients in food processor, mix until blended.

When yeast is dissolved slowly pour into running processor. (Let spin for about a minute) A dough ball will form.

Put dough ball in oiled bowl and place in a sunny window for an hour.

Cut ball into two, shape pizza's on oiled/corn mealed pan. Top with your ingredients. Cook until done.

Enjoy!

No comments: