Tuesday, February 12, 2008

So Long Animals

When I was reading the China Study I knew something was changing in me. Not only was I pregnant at the time, but food became not something that kept me alive, but something that was growing another person.

That day I started to reduce my meat intake. Shortly after my dairy and egg intake was reduced as well. This started in November.

Now it's the middle of February and I have no intention of going back. I think I am finished with meat. Perhaps I will eat organic free range meat on occasion, but for the most part meat found in resturants and grocery stores is off limits and just plain gross.

The one indulgence I will allow myself in moderation is cheese, but I will switch to organic, and eggs will be free range, vegetarian fed. I think that's pretty good for a start.

No comments: