Monday, February 11, 2008

Cure all soup

I woke up with a sore throat. I knew I couldn't get through the entire winter without a cold, so i wasn't suprised when a glass of water didn't make the pain go away.

What do you do when your sick? Well, i am nuts, when I feel sickness come on I go crazy with cleaning. I organized the closet, took a couple loads of stuff to the basement, vaccumed, did the dishes, put away laundry, made the bed and when I finally sat down I realized I wanted soup.

Not any soup, because I have left over soup from yesterday (split pea). I wanted a chicken soup. So I threw together a chickenless soup, and I fully expect it to cure all.

Super fast Chicken-less soup

1 onion chopped
garlic minced
carrot chopped
potato chopped
1/2 can corn
handful of wild rice
handful of quinoa
handful of barley
1 chickenless bouillion cube
salt, pepper
parsley

You can put what ever in the soup, I just used what I had. Simmer for a while and enjoy. I have already had one bowl and am thinking about another.

No comments: