Monday, December 31, 2007

Meat

Visiting family means you are going to eat bad food. This past weekend was a shock to both mine and hubbies systems.

Saturday night was dinner at his mothers. Meat Pie, with Ragu and fried sausage was dinner. A heavily meat based meal. Sunday we visited hubbies step-brother, we had shepards pie, pepperoni pizza, cheese spreads and other various fat and refined carb foods.

When we were driving home hubby said that everything was irritating him. I told him it was the food. I am right too.

I know die hard carnivors wouldn't agree with me, but too much meat, dairy and eggs will make you irritable, sluggish and depressed. I couldn't wait to get home and start eating good again.

Hubbies mother told me that it is important to eat a balanced diet while pregnant. I wanted to reply "No shit, why do you think i am cutting out meat?" but instead I replied "I have a very good diet", Hubbies father and stepmother don't think I eat, and even wrote in our xmas card "eat well".

I roll my eyes at this old school way of thinking about food. You don't see many studies that say "Steak, now proven to fight cancer" or "Bacon, the new super food".

Hubby is supporting me more than ever, he now sees and feels the difference eating veggies and whole grains instead of meat. I guess his family will just have to accept the way I am now.

No comments: